Thursday, February 11, 2010

$1.78

The cost of approximately 20 sheet-metal screws (3/8" and 1/2") at the local hardware store = $1.78

The ability to run outside for the first time since Jan. 29 in Barbados = Priceless!

After reading/watching tutorials on how to get better traction from running shoes on snow/ice by drilling screws into the soles of an old pair, I decided to give this a try:

We've had historic snow in DC this week. 32.9" fell at National Airport in the past 7 days. The view from my front door yesterday....



I was getting a bit stir-crazy after many sessions on the bike trainer and the "dreadmill."






I tested my $1.78 experiment today with an hourlong run on snowy/slushy roads. And the result?








More secure footing than my snow boots! Fantastic!! Amazing!!! Marathon training, not to mention my sanity, have been saved.








No comments:

Post a Comment